The Maryborough Regional Library incorporates the Maryborough Library, the Dunolly Library and the Talbot Outreach Library service.
The Maryborough Regional Library is a member of the Central Highlands Libraries which consists of 14 static libraries and outreach services. The services cover over 20,000 square kilometres and a population of approximately 182,000 people.
Maryborough Regional Library is a part of Libraries Victoria (formally SWIFT consortium).
Libraries Victoria is a co-operative network of public, school and TAFE libraries across Victoria and NSW.
With over 150 branch libraries, the Consortium provides library patrons access to over three million items - books, magazine, DVDs, and much more - which can be requested from any participating library.
Library membership is FREE and open to everyone. To join,simply bring your ID and proof of address to the Maryborough, Dunolly or Talbot Library.
Children and teens under the age of 18 can also become members of Maryborough Regional Library.
To become a member visit the Library with your parent or guardian. If they’re not a library member, they should bring a form of ID and proof of address.
Services on offer
- Books, DVD's, magazines, audio-books, CD's and sport equipment available to loan
- Access free WIFI
- Public computers and tablets available
- Fortnightly outreach services to local nursing homes
- Weekly programs for babies, toddlers & pre-schoolers
- Monthly Cook Book Book Club
- School holiday events - performance and craft activities
- Summer Reading Club
- 1000 books before school program
- Local history resources
- Online databases
- eBook and eAudio resources
- Historic local newspapers on Microfilm
- Adult programs including author visits
Like us on Facebook or Instagam @MBLibVic