Council is hosting a series of upcoming influenza sessions for community members.
Eligible residents can receive a free vaccines. You are eligible if you are one of the following:
- Aged 65 years or older
- Under five years of age
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged between six months and fours years (inclusive) and 15 years and older
- Those aged six months or older with conditions predisposing to severe illness following influenza infection
For those who do not meet these requirements, the vaccine is $20 per person. Payment can be made via EFTPOS at the session.
When and where?
- Thursday 6 May, 2021, 2pm to 6pm, Community Hub, 22 Nolan Street, Marybrough
- Thursday 13 May, 2021, 2pm to 6pm, Community Hub, 22 Nolan Street, Marybrough
Bookings are essential.
How to book
Please book in through Eventbrite here
What safety precautions will be in place at immunisation sessions?
The following safety measures will be put in place:
- Council has chosen a venue that is well spaced, allowing for social distancing. All bookings are to be made via Eventbrite, ensuring that limited capacity throughout the session is achieved
- Display signage at the entrance of immunisation sessions that specifies unwell people (such as those with fever, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, or a cough) and those who are a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) are not to attend immunisation sessions
- Provide hand washing or sanitising facilities at the entrance
- Arrange seating, queueing and administration so that there is 1.5 metres between clients and between clients and staff
- Limit the vaccine process to one adult with the child being vaccinated (unless there are special circumstances)