General information


Face Masks for our vulnerable community members 

The State Government is supplying local councils with free disposable face masks to distribute to vulnerable residents.

Victorians who can access the free reusable face masks include:

     ■ people who are being actively managed for the following chronic conditions: 

          - poor immunity

          - heart disease, diabetes and stroke     

          - obesity     

          - chronic lung disease

          - alcohol and drug dependency     

          - frailty     

     ■ people living in public housing, in crisis accommodation, or who are homeless

     ■ people living in rooming houses and supported residential services

     ■ people living with disability

     ■ people experiencing mental health and their carers

     ■ people with health and/or social issues that make them vulnerable, including people with alcohol and drug issues, including those attending primary and secondary needle and syringe programs

     ■ people experiencing family violence

     ■ people living in residential facilities

     ■ young people living in mandatory facilities

     ■ Aboriginal people

     ■ Refugee and asylum seekers  (including temporary visa holders).

To access them please contact your local service provider or contact our Customer Service team on  5461 0610 to arrange a collection time.

For more information about reusable face masks visit:

Emergency Relief Hampers

Victorians self-isolating due to the COVID-19 with no access to food and essential supplies will receive emergency relief packages under a State Government program.

This is a last resort for people in mandatory self-isolation, who have little or no food, and no network of family and friends to support them. Each household that meets the criteria will receive a two week supply of essential goods.

It can be accessed by calling Victoria's dedicated coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398. This service is being provided by Red Cross in partnership with Foodbank Victoria under the direction of the State Relief Coordinator.

Uniting Care Emergency Relief are assisting families in need of food and toiletries - 03 5443 4972

Salvation Army are assisting families in need of food - 5440 8410. 

Meals on Wheels

 Meals on Wheels can assist you with access to regular food supplies and prepared meals. If you are in urgent need of support, the My Aged Care contact centre can refer you directly to these services in your local area. Services can be set up quickly for up to 6 weeks without the need for an assessment. You can also arrange this directly with your provider if you prefer.

If you are an older Australian in crisis, uncomfortable with, or unable to access the internet to order groceries, and your support networks are unavailable, the My Aged Care contact centre can help.

To meet immediate needs, people in crisis who are isolated, have no other supports, and are in crisis, will be able to receive assisted access to basic food and groceries. The contact centre will also connect you a service provider to ensure you have the ongoing support you need. You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 .

Maryborough Legal Service

 Maryborough Legal Service, run through the Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre, is offering legal support during the COVID-19 pandemic.

To find out what what services are on offer, download the flier here(PDF, 786KB)

Helpful links from Centrelink

The following links to websites regarding COVID-19 have been provided by Centrelink:

Financial Information Service for COVID 19  

Money Smart

Australian Government    

Mutual obligation COVID-19       

Australian Bureau of Statistics              

National Debt Helpline                 

No interest loans                           

Saver plus information                 

NBN Assistance                             

Ask Izzy info in one place             

Sport and Recreation Activities

Please see the links below for the latest update from Sport and Recreation Victoria with regards to Return to Play within current health rules: 

Pharmacy Home Delivery Service

Australia Post has launched a home delivery service to support vulnerable members of the community and those in self isolation, so they can have ongoing accsess to essential medications. Pharmacies can offer free delivery on prescriptions to their customers so speak to your pharmacy to see if you or a family member qualifies for this service.

Having trouble paying your energy bill due to COVID-19?

The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) has set reasonable expectations of energy companies to protect householders and small business customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.

 For suggestions how to save energy while living and working from home during this period visit the AER website

The Essential Services Commission also has relevant information about the obligations for energy suppliers, noting: 

“We have reminded them of their obligations to help customers who are having trouble paying their bills. Ensuring those sectors can cope with an expected increase in the number of households and small businesses who need help with their bills is an immediate focus for us.”

More information can be found at:

If you are experiencing difficulty paying your energy bills at this time please contact your energy provider.

Utility Providers assistance

Coliban Water

1800 244 323

Central Highland Water

1800 061 514


13 22 00


1800 120 698


1300 907 283

Energy Australia        

133 466


131 245

Origin Energy             

13 24 61

Red Energy                 

131 806 

Lumo Energy              

1300 660 293

Simply Energy            

13 88 08

Tas Gas                      

1800 750 750