Hot off the press!
The Autumn edition of our Community Update publication will be arriving in your letterbox very soon.
It’s jam-packed with the latest Council news and information.
Can’t wait? You can read the digital version online at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/communityupdate
We’d love to hear your feedback on this publication. Is there a
story you’d like to see included in an upcoming edition? Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaping Central Goldfields
We’ve launched our Shaping Central Goldfields project and our first step is to work with you to finalise our proposed Budget (see Budget information on this page) and to activate the existing Community Township Plans.
We need your help to understand if the initiatives in these plans are still relevant.
- What are our priorities for our townships?
- How can Council and the community work together to make these priorities happen?
You are invited to the following Community Plan activation workshops to help set these priorities and help us get clear on how we can work together to make change happen over time.
Community Plan activation workshops:
Talbot and district
Wednesday 12 May, 2 to 4pm and 6.30 to 8.30pm
Talbot Town Hall
Dunolly and district
Thursday 20 May, 2 to 4pm and 6.30 to 8.30pm
Dunolly Town Hall
Carisbrook and district
Wednesday 2 June, 2 to 4pm and 6.30 to 8.30pm
Carisbrook Senior Citizens Hall
Maryborough and district
Thursday 3 June, 2 to 4pm and 6.30 to 8.30pm
Maryborough Community Hub, Room 7
Registrations are essential. For more information and to register visit www.engage.cgoldshire.vic.gov.au
email email@example.com or contact Council’s Communications Officer Lachlan Steed on 0409 478 074.
To see our current vacancies, please see our careers page
Feedback invited on 2021/22 Proposed Budget
The Central Goldfields Shire Council 2021/22 Proposed Budget is now available for community feedback following endorsement at the April Council Meeting last week (27/04).
The 2021/22 Proposed Budget is available to view at www.engage.cgoldshire.vic.gov.au with feedback invited until 5pm, Friday 28 May.
Its main focus is to implement the key objectives of the 2017-2021 Council Plan and deliver on our commitment to provide more than 40 services to our community.
Council has been successful in attracting in excess of $10 million in grant funding. Together with Council funding, our Capital Works program will exceed $18 million.
These projects will not only provide a boost to local facilities but will also help stimulate the local economy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A rate rise of 1.5% in line with the Victorian Government determined rate cap is also proposed as well as a 3% increase for waste charges to meet the increasing costs of managing waste.
2021/22 Budget Highlights
Capital Works Program:
- Upgrades to the Maryborough Outdoor Pool - $2 million
- Energy Breakthrough infrastructure upgrades - $500,000 ($1.5 million over three years)
- Central Goldfields Art Gallery redevelopment - $1,863,000
- Construction of the Skate and Scooter Park in Maryborough - $645,000
- Upgrades to Carisbrook Recreation Reserve - $4.7 million
- Lake Victoria Lighting - $150,000
- Road renewal and reseals projects -$3.9 million
- New and upgraded footpaths across the Shire - $400,000
- Footpath renewals of - $100,000
Other key projects:
- New Council Plan development
- Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan
- Review of heritage controls in Maryborough
- Planning and design for a splash park
- Completion of a Cultural Management Plan for the Princes Park Grandstand
- Continuing the development of a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Next stage in the activation of the Maryborough Railway Station
- Development of a climate action plan
- Planning and design for new toilets in Rene Fox Gardens Dunolly
- Growing Victoria works at Philips Gardens
- Development of a waste water plan for Talbot
Feedback is invited via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Council Budget, PO BOX 194, Maryborough, VIC, 3465
- In person: Community Information Sessions
• Dunolly: Thursday 13 May, 6.30 to 8.30pm at Dunolly Town Hall
• Carisbrook: Monday 17 May, 6.30 to 8.30pm at Carisbrook Senior Citizens Hall
• Maryborough: Wednesday 19 May, 6.30 to 8.30pm at Maryborough Community Hub - Room 7
• Talbot: Monday 24 May, 6.30 to 8.30pm at Talbot ANA Hall
Registrations are essential. To register for an information session, visit www.engage.cgoldshire.vic.gov.au
The Budget will go to the June Council Meeting to be considered for adoption.
We are hosting a series of upcoming influenza sessions for community members.
Eligible residents can receive a free vaccine. You are eligible if you are one of the following:
- Aged 65 years or older
- Under five years of age
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged between six months and fours years (inclusive) and 15 years and older
- Those aged six months or older with conditions predisposing to severe illness following influenza infection
For those who do not meet these requirements, the vaccine is $20 per person.
Payment can be made via EFTPOS at the session.
Sessions are held on the following dates and times at the Community Hub, 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough:
• Thursday 13 May, 2021, 2pm to 6pm, Community Hub
To book, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/flu-immunisation
Have you have the COVID-19 vaccine recently? According to the Australian Government Dept of Health, it is recommended that people wait at least 14 days between a dose of seasonal flu vaccine and a dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The 14-day time frame is a precautionary measure to manage the common side effects that come with many vaccinations.
You can find out more at www.health.gov.au or www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Tenders currently available through Central Goldfields Shire Council are listed below.
Tender documents can be downloaded from e-Procure, accessible via Council's website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/tenders
| Tender No.
||Shire-wide Tree Audit