Objecting to a Planning Application

If you consider that you will be affected by an application for a planning permit, you may wish to make an objection. Make sure you clearly understand what is proposed before you make an objection. Planning Permit Applications can be viewed at the Central Goldfields Shire Council's Customer Service Centre at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough.

To object to an application you need to address a letter to Council stating as such and your reasons why you are objecting. This letter needs to be received by Council prior to the date shown on the notice you were sent or in the newspaper.

If despite your objection the Council decides to grant the permit, you can appeal against its decision. Details of the appeal procedures are outlined on the back of the Notice of Decision that you will receive. An appeal must be made on the prescribed form (obtained from the Victorian Civil and Appeals Tribunal VCAT) and lodged within 28 days of the responsible authority giving notice of its decision.