Neighbourhood Safer Places
A Neighbourhood Safer Place (NSP) is a PLACE OF LAST RESORT and aims to provide some protection from the effects of radiant heat during a bushfire.
NSPs are to be used only when a person's own Fire Plan has failed. Signage has been installed at each NSP.
Neighbourhood Safer Places in the Central Goldfields Shire are located at:
- TALBOT – Pioneer Reserve (ground only) – Corner of Fyffe and Scandinavian Crescent.
- MARYBOROUGH – Princes Park (oval only) - Park Road
- MARYBOROUGH – Pascoe Reserve (oval only) - Gillies Street
- DUNOLLY – Gordon Garden Reserve (Grounds Only) - Cnr Thompson Street and Barkly Street
- CARISBOOK – Market Reserve (grounds only) – adjacent to Green, Birch, Powlett and Urquhart Streets
More information about the Neighbourhood Safer Places can be found here.
Neighbourhood Safer Places Plan - Place of Last Resort - 2022(PDF, 2MB)