Maintenance and Open Spaces
The Central Goldfields Shire Council operations team aims to provide the highest standard of maintenance and construction services for roads, drains, Council maintained buildings, parks and reserves within the municipality.
The Operations team is based at the Central Goldfields Shire Depot, Burns Street, Maryborough and is responsible for:
- Works and Construction
- Open Space
- Building Maintenance
Works and Construction
Council’s Works and Construction team is responsible for:
- Pavement repairs on sealed roads*
- Grading and resurfacing of gravel roads*
- Concrete kerb and channel and footpaths
- Line marking of sealed surfaces
- Traffic sign and other road furniture maintenance
- Urban and rural drainage and bridge maintenance
- Street cleaning
- Emergency response
- Construction of new roads*, bridges, culverts and pathways.
Council’s Operations team is required to maintain and construct road assets throughout the municipality in accordance with the 2017 Central Goldfields Shire Council Road Management Plan. (PDF, 3MB)
Council’s Public Open Space team is responsible for:
- Horticultural maintenance of ovals, playgrounds, parks and gardens, road reserves, war memorials, Goldfields Family Centre, weed management and roadside slashing and spraying.
- Tree maintenance including street tree maintenance pruning of trees near power lines*, tree removal and planting, and shared paths
- Irrigation maintenance including preventative maintenance to sprinklers and pumps, as well as new sprinkler system installations
*Council is required to maintain electrical line vegetation clearances within municipality.
The Central Goldfields Shire Electric Line Clearance Management Plan 2018-2019(PDF, 2MB) sets out how Council will achieve this as required by the Energy Safe Victoria Regulations 2015 and the Electricity Safety Act 1998.
Council’s Building Maintenance team is responsible for:
- Maintenance and cleaning of Council operated buildings
- Essential Safety Measures inspections and compliance on all council owned buildings
- Cleaning and maintenance of Council operated toilets, and Council operated BBQs
- Playground maintenance and infrastructure maintenance e.g. preventative maintenance on seats and bollards, graffiti removal and fence maintenance