An important function of any council is to advocate on behalf of the community to state and federal governments on the issues that affect them.
In June, 2018 Council endorsed the Central Goldfields Shire Priority Projects Plan.(PDF, 2MB)
The projects identified are in line with a number of strategies in the current Council Plan 2017-2020 and will be used to lobby both State and Federal Governments for funding.
The seven projects identified in the Plan include:
- Carisbrook Reserve upgrade - $1.7 million
- Deledio Reserve multi-use facility - $2.5 million
- Preserving heritage at Maryborough Municipal Outdoor Swimming Pool - $4 million
- All-abilities access at Maryborough Sports and Leisure Centre - $350,000
- Wastewater for a growing Talbot - $6.5 to $7.5 million
- A hub for disengaged young people - $3 million
- Supporting Energy Breakthrough – an innovative learning experience - $200,000
Council has committed funds in the 2018/19 Budget to undertake designs for the Carisbrook Reserve upgrade and the Deledio Reserve multi-use facility ($200,000), a contribution of $50,000 toward the all access changing rooms at the Maryborough Sports and Leisure Centre and has applied for a $2:$1 grant (total project cost $150,000).
Council’s contribution to all projects will also include project management.