Firewood Collection Permit

There are rules and regulations surrounding the roadside collection of firewood.

Council generally manages roadside collection while Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is responsible for designated fire collection areas within State Forest.

Collection of firewood from State Forests is only allowed in designated areas during the spring or autumn collection season.

To apply for a roadside wood collection permit, download and complete the Wood Collection Permit Application Form(PDF, 193KB) and return it to Council:

In person: Council's Customer Service Centre,  22 Nolan Street, Maryborough


Post: Central Goldfields Shire Council, PO BOX 194, Maryborough, VIC, 3465

For more information about roadside wood collection, download the Central Goldfields Shire Forest and Roadside Firewood Collection - Know the Rules(PDF, 126KB) resource. 

For further information about collecting firewood in State Forests visit the Forest Fire Management Victoria website.