Cook Book Book Club
*Cook Book Book Club is on hold for 2021 due to government regulations in force as a result of COVID-19*
Our monthly Cook Book Book Club event is held on the last Wednesday of each month (excluding December) from 6pm-7.30pm at Maryborough Regional Library. All skill levels are encouraged to attend this great social event. No ongoing commitment required, join us every single month or just every now and again.
Participants can visit the Library desk to browse the currently selected Cook Book and choose a recipe to prepare and bring along to share. This event is suitable for 16+ years. Children 10+ are welcome to attend with a guardian.
Libraries Change Lives
The Libraries Change Lives campaign aims to promote that Victorian public libraries change lives by offering communities a place to learn, create and belong.
Victoria welcomes 2800 new residents per week. Public libraries receive over 30 million visitors annually, equivalent to five visits per Victorian, and visitation continues to outpace population growth.
Public libraries are not equipped to support the surge and will not be able to help develop healthy communities without investment in operational costs, physical and online infrastructure and specialist programs.
Head to librarieschangelives.org.au to get involved or have a chat to our Maryborough Library campaign champions, Bec or Kerry.
1000 Books before School
Sharing stories with babies and young children helps develop literacy skills that will prepare them for reading at school.
The 1000 Books Before School program is a great way to track your child's reading progress as you work towards building these important skills.
How 1000 Books Before School works
- Register at Maryborough Regional Library to receive your first Reading Record and reading kit to get you started. A library membership is required to join the program however membership is quick and free.
- Mark, colour or place a sticker on your Reading Record each time you read together with your child.
- Each time you reach a milestone in your Reading Record, bring it in to the Library for a special reward.
- Every book that your child completes, or actively listens to, counts – this includes stories read at Storytime sessions, daycare, playgroup, kindergarten, as well as the same book over and over again. You can read books from anywhere – not just library books.
- The program finishes once your child reaches 1000 books, or starts school. Congratulations!