As outlined in the 2017 Central Goldfields Shire Road Management Plan(PDF, 3MB), Council works to ensure the standards and priorities given to the inspection, maintenance and repair of Council roads make them safe for use by the community.
As part of this conducts a wide range of maintenance works to ensure the safety of road users:
- Road patching – pot hole repair / shoulder repairs
- Grading and resheeting of gravel roads
- Roadside slashing and spraying
- Bridge and culvert repairs and replacement
- Drainage maintenance works
- Vegetation trimming and removal
- Signage maintenance & renewal
- Guidepost replacement
- Street sweeping
Works are programmed based on Council’s proactive asset inspection program.
You can assist Council by letting us know of any maintenance requirements to our local roads by contacting Council via:
If you are unsure about who the responsible road authority is refer to Who’s Road is It.
For any works required on main roads please contact VicRoads 13 11 70 or visit VicRoads and report the issue online.