In 2018, Central Goldfields Shire Council adopted the Engaging Central Goldfields - A Community Engagement Framework.
The framework outlines a series of new and improved methods of engagement that will be rolled out by Council and aims to make Council deliberations and decisions more accessible to a greater number of residents.
Some of the new initiatives include:
- Quarterly listening posts in townships
- Following each Council Meeting, a summary report will be made available on Council's facebook page and the Council Meeting page of Council's website
- Following each Council Meeting a video summary of the meeting will be recorded and posted on Council’s facebook page and website.
- Establishment of a Community Voice Panel
- Live broadcasting of Council Meetings
Community Voice Panel
Community Voice Panel members will have the opportunity to have ongoing input into Council-decision making and provide Council with insights into community sentiments and support for existing or proposed policies, programs and services.
We recognise the importance of diversity and for community members from a range of backgrounds to have a voice.
Our Community Voice Panel registrations are now open for young people aged between 16 and 24 and Indigenous community members.
The Panel is a key initiative of Council’s Engaging Central Goldfields: A Community Engagement Framework which outlines a more open community engagement approach and reflects Council’s commitment to engaging with the community, local and regional stakeholders, to ensure all voices are heard.
To become a member of the Community Voice Panel, download the form here and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org